Maybank Cottage Banavie is a high standard, well appointed, self catering holiday home set on the bank of the Caledonian Canal in a rural location. Situated 5 miles from Fort William in the Great Glen, you are ideally located to view Ben Nevis, explore Lochaber, try a variety of pursuits and see why Lochaber is called the “Outdoor Capital of the UK”. 3 miles from the “Road to the Isles” ensures good access to the west coast including Moidart, Ardnamurchan and ferry access to the Small Isles and Skye. The immediate area holds an abundance of wildlife and fauna such as Pine Marten, Red deer, Roe deer, Otter, Owls, Buzzard, Butterflies, Kingfisher and Orchid, mosses and lichens.
Included in you holiday cottage rental is a membership to a local leisure club comprising of Pool, Gym, Jacuzzi,Sauna and Steam room. Great after a day on the hills or just to take the kids for a swim.
- KITCHEN - large, with dining table seating 4 persons, ideal for breakfasting and casual lunches, dishwasher, electric oven and grill with calor gas 4 ringed hob, large fridge freezer, microwave etc
- UTILITY ROOM - off the kitchen, it houses a large washing machine, recycling facilities and space for walking boots and wellies
- DINNING ROOM - dining table with settings for 8. Leads through double French windows to the
- SUN LOUNGE with all round views of the Canal & outstanding views to Nevis Range, north face of Ben Nevis, Carn Mòr Dearg and Aonach Mòr. Telescope provided to spot the climbers on the Ben or skiers on Aonach Mòr. NB: All linen and towels provided
- LOUNGE with good views to Nevis Range of mountains and a large sliding patio door for access to the garden. Leather sofas, open fire with granite surround and Caithness slate hearth. TV, DVD and Video, Hi-Fi with CD, radio and cassette
- HALLWAY - space for drying and airing clothes
- MASTER BEDROOM with stunning view up the Canal towards Gairlochy. King size double bed. En-suite bathroom with electric shower, TV
- DOUBLE BEDROOM with similarly stunning view as the Master bedroom. Double bed
- TWIN BEDROOM with views towards south west, with Canal and fields in the foreground.Twin beds
- TWIN BEDROOM with views towards south west, with field in the foreground and not a house to be seen! Twin beds
- BATHROOM recently refurbished with electric shower over bath, wet walling and shower screen
- Patio area to the front and a wooden picnic table to the rear. Garden has an enclosure for children with a swing. Larger part of the garden slopes down to the burn (stream) at the bottom where dogs can be freely exercised. Access to the canal bank
- Parking area with ample space for up to 5 cars
- Access to a large garden shed can be arranged for safe storage of Mountain bikes
- Membership included to local Fort William leisure club comprising pool, gym, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room.
- London serviced apartments
NB: Pets are welcome with prior permission
High chair, cot and fire guard available on request.